Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting it right

Coming into training, I had worked in Django for about 8 months or so, and therefore had a relatively good idea of how things worked. However, I never really learned Django the right way, having mostly worked off of just reverse engineering other people's code, figuring out what does what, and then building something new based off of those methods. Going through each step and actually taking the time to do it the right way has definitely helped me solidify many concepts in Django so that I can program more efficiently, without having to fall back on previously developed code segments.
Beyond that, I had never looked at the newforms library before, so everything we've done with that has been an interesting learning experience. It makes me wonder what other basic web development functions can be simplified to such an efficient degree as they've done for forms.

No comments: